CO-DIRECTOR INDONESIA OR KENYA|
IHF is looking for hard-working, dedicated volunteers to commit their time and talents for one year in one of our Centers in Indonesia and Kenya.
Who are we?
IHF is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in. We are a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office.
In Indonesia, we have three educational centers in Bali, Jakarta and Medan. All Indonesia centers hold English, Math, Computer and other special classes for disadvantaged children aged 6-17 to supplement the limited Indonesian public education system.
Our Kenya center in Nakuru is a home to provide basic needs such as a home, food, and access to education for approximately 50 children who would otherwise go without.
Why join us?
• During your mission, you will have the unique opportunity to gain experience as an all-round director in an international organisation, since you will develop important skills that are needed as a HR, PR & Marketing, Quality Control and Finances Director. Because we have our centres in Thailand, Indonesia and Kenia and our volunteers come from all parts of the world, you will have the occasion to work in an international and online environment. You will receive unique training in a multi-level, multifaceted system. You are asked to complete at least 4 hours a day of local work and 4 hours a day of international work, 6 days a week.
• Next to these international tasks, you will gain experience in managing the day-to-day maintenance of the Center’s programs and initiatives, in the effort to provide a better chance for children’s futures. This also means that you are not scared to teach or supervise if necessary, to organise activities at the Center or to manage our volunteers.
• You thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
• All Co-Directors have a swing at delivering their parts and jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects.
• Before arrival at the center, you will already become a part of our international team by completing pre-trip tasks with our international teams to gain an understanding of the kind of work you will be doing.
This work can be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and learn intimately how an NGO functions at both the ground and directory levels. Regarding the directory level, you will gain a better insight on the different departments of an NGO in general, which enables you to have an important advantage in your next career possibilities. This is an opportunity to shape the company’s future as well as your own. You will leave IHF with new highly transferable skills, a better understanding of international NGOs, and an unforgettable experience that will last the rest of your life.
What you’ll need for this position?
● Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
● Co-directors must commit to serve at least one year at the Center.
● We value volunteers who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility and easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
● We welcome applicants with any background, but prefer degrees in business, finances, social studies, language, education, medicine, law, and social work.
● We require candidates have 1-2 years working experience in any field. Experience traveling, working or volunteering abroad will be an asset.
● Experience with teaching and/or children is crucial.
● Minimum age requirement is 22.
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
Ok, but what about the pay?
You will have the fortune to gain an experience about living like the locals at our basic accommodation and will also enjoy eating food which is cooked by a local. Since you are a volunteer, you will get engaged in completing all local tasks without a payment. As a co-Director managing the online international work however, you will receive a small monthly stipend which is broken down as follows: First 3 months: (Training period) $20 per month
3-6 months: (Assistant co-Director) $50 per month
6-9 months: (Co-Director) $80 per month
9-12 months: (Co-Director) $100 per month
Strict IHF Policy: These stipends are fixed. They will not be raised for more experienced applicants, and everyone will be upgraded according to the timeframes outlined above. There are no exceptions to this rule, regardless of what the situation may be in the center.
Interested? What are you waiting for then?
Let’s get to know each other!
Get to know us through different canals:
• You can read the IHF Annual report 2015 that contains the latest information about IHF Centers, Programs, Achievements, Finances and many more at http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1317609/5a9ccb829e/547236145/08e4c4e6f7/
• Or why not check out our blog, where you can find stories of current and former volunteers http://ihfblog.wordpress.com/home/
• You can also read about us at http://rt.wildasia.org/2013/10/25/2013-inspiring-stories-destinations/ were you will see that we won the “Inspiring Story -- Responsible Tourism Award” in 2013! And our great ratings at http://greatnonprofits.org/org/international-humanity-foundation-1
Now you are more familiar with us, give us the chance to get to know you by sending us a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any questions to email@example.com .
It is ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.