IHF is looking for forward-thinking, dynamic individuals of all ages/backgrounds to contribute to our international centers as part of our Volunteer Work Study Program. Our foundation has five centers across Indonesia, Kenya and Thailand and is run entirely by volunteers just like you, who have made commitments ranging from two weeks to multiple years.
Who are we?
IHF is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in. We are a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office.
A lot of NGO’s offer volunteering, but the cost for staying at their facilities is huge. What about the costs for being a volunteer at IHF?
love of learning in them.We provide basic accommodation and food at our centers, where you will live with your co-workers. Even if our foundation is run entirely by volunteers just like you, we still manage to provide you these amenities for only
• $75 per week, during the first 4 weeks;
• $55 per week, as of the 5th week.
You will be responsible for your travel and insurance expenses or any other related costs and you can count on our teams to help you out with your travel and visa planning. We will also do our best to comply with guidelines to secure any grant or scholarship funding available at your university.
Our Kenya center in Nakuru is a home to provide basic needs such as a home, food, and access to education for approximately 40 children who would otherwise go without. We have just begun planting this year’s crop in our Peace Farm and will begin harvesting in September. Nakuru is a friendly little town on the edge of Lake Nakuru and is home some of Africa’s most exciting and diverse wildlife.
Our center in Thailand is a home for nine older children from a nearby hill tribe. Teenagers from this marginalized community come to our center for a stable home and the chance for an education.
Why join us?
• Because we have our centers in Thailand, Indonesia and Kenya and our volunteers come from all parts of the world, you will have the occasion to work in an international and online environment.
• You are asked to complete at least 4 hours a day of local work and 4 hours a day of international work, 6 days a week.
• For the international tasks, you will be assigned to teams made up of volunteers from other centers and you will work on administrative tasks for not just the center you are staying in, but for the whole organization. Your tasks may include producing media content, assisting with fundraising efforts and generating online outreach efforts to promote our organization’s goals and projects.
• For local tasks, you will mostly gain experience in the assistance of the day-to-day maintenance of the Center’s programs and initiatives, in the effort to provide a better chance for children’s futures (local tasks). Your tasks may include producing media content, assisting with fundraising efforts and generating online outreach efforts to promote our organization’s goals and projects.
In our children’s home in Kenya, daily tasks will include assisting with homework, looking after our Animals and organizing projects and activities for the children once they are back from the schools and helping to look after our Peace Farm and the crops that supply the children with their stable Kenyan diet.
• You will be supervised and guided by long-term volunteer co-Directors at your center, who will listen to your ideas and work with you on a daily basis.
• Before arrival at the center, you will already become a part of our international team by completing pre-trip tasks with our international teams to gain an understanding of the kind of work you will be doing.
This work can be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and learn intimately how an NGO functions at the ground level. This experience will give you an important advantage in your next career possibilities. You will leave IHF with new highly transferable skills, a better understanding of international NGOs, and an unforgettable experience that will last the rest of your life.
What you’ll need for this position?
• Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
• We value volunteers who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility and easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
• Minimum age requirement is 16 years old with written permission of a parent or guardian.
• Your own laptop computer for use at the centre
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
Now you are more familiar with us, Give us the chance to get to know you by applying through our website at the following link: http://www.ihfonline.org/volunteer-application
It is ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.