IHF is looking for hard-working, dedicated volunteers to commit their time and talents in one of our centers in Thailand, Kenya or Indonesia
Who are we?
IHF is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in. We are a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office.
Our Kenya center in Nakuru is a home to provide basic needs such as a home, food, and access to education for approximately 50 children who would otherwise go without these basics. Kenya co-directors’ roles include fostering a familial environment for the children, overseeing their education, and managing the various needs and activities of the center.
Why join us?
• During your mission, you will have the unique opportunity to gain experience as an all-round director in an international organisation, since you will develop important skills that are needed as a HR, PR & Marketing, Quality Control and Finances Director. Because we have our centres in Thailand, Indonesia and Kenya and our volunteers come from all parts of the world, you will have the occasion to work in an international and online environment. You will receive unique training in a multi-level, multifaceted system. You are asked to complete at least 4 hours a day of local work and 4 hours a day of international work, 6 days a week.
• Next to these international tasks, you will gain experience in managing the day-to-day maintenance of the Center’s programs and initiatives, in the effort to provide a better chance for children’s futures. This also means that you will teach, supervise and organise activities at the Center to manage our volunteers, if necessary.
• You will thrive in organizations that constantly adapts and evolves.
• All long-term volunteers have a swing at delivering their parts and jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects.
• Before arrival at the center, you will already become a part of our international team by completing pre-trip tasks with our international teams to gain an understanding of the kind of work you will be doing.
This work can be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and learn intimately how an NGO functions at both the ground and directory levels. Regarding the directory level, you will gain a better insight on the different departments of an NGO in general, which enables you to have an important advantage in your next career possibilities. This is an opportunity to shape the company’s future as well as your own. You will leave IHF with new highly transferable skills, a better understanding of international NGOs, and an unforgettable experience that will last the rest of your life.
What you’ll need for this position?
• Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
• studies, language, education, medicine, law, and social work.
• We require candidates have 1-2 years working experience in any field. Experience traveling, working or volunteering abroad will be an asset. For this role you must commit to serve at least four months at the Center.
• We value volunteers who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility and easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
• We welcome applicants with any background, but prefer degrees in business, finances, social studies
• Experience with teaching and/or children is crucial.
• Your own laptop computer for use at the centre is a must.
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
Ok, but what about the pay?
You will have the fortune to gain an experience about living like the locals at our basic accommodation and will also enjoy eating food which is cooked by a local. Since you are a volunteer, you will get engaged in completing all local tasks without a payment. As a co-Director managing the online international work however, you will receive a small monthly stipend which is for $20 per month, this may increase if you are asked to stay on at one of our centres past the initial 4 month agreement.
Strict IHF Policy: These stipends are fixed. They will not be raised for more experienced applicants, and everyone will be upgraded according to the timeframes outlined above. There are no exceptions to this rule, regardless of what the situation may be in the center.
Interested? What are you waiting for then?
Let’s get to know each other!
Send us a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any questions to
It is ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.