IHF is looking for a hard-working, dedicated Centre Director volunteer to commit his/her time and talents to undertake senior management of our children’s homes in Kenya and Thailand and have responsibility for our global fundraising, grants, our online presence, organisational policy, strategy and knowledge management.
Who are we?
IHF is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in. We are a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office.
In Indonesia, we have three educational centers in Bali, Jakarta and Medan. All Indonesia centers host free English, math and computer classes to provide low-income students with the opportunity to compete with wealthier students for scholarships and jobs. The centers also host special workshops every week to expose students to a wide variety of subjects and to instil a general love of learning in them.
Why join us?
The Centre Director will have the following main tasks:
• Oversee the management of our children’s homes in Chiang Rai, Thailand. Ensure financial stability of the homes and compliance with local children’s, home registration, employment and NGO/Foundation reporting legislation. .
• Manage and support teams of Co-Directors, volunteers and teachers in the centre and in our International online teams.
• Lead on global fundraising and the financial sustainability of IHF.
• Report directly to our COO
• Review and develop policy and Procedure for volunteer recruitment and management, financial processes, our media presence, immigration and program development.
• Lead on child policy and child protection.
• Develop and implement global knowledge management systems.
• Hands on work in the children’s home to understand the Family environment, culture and challenges in the center.
• You are expected to work 54 hours per week.
This work will be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and be an essential part of the functioning of an all-volunteer run, grassroots NGO. This is an opportunity to shape the company’s future as well as your own. You will gain a better understanding of international NGOs.
What you’ll need for this position?
• Qualifications: We welcome applicants with any background, but prefer degrees in business, finances, social studies, languages, education, medicine, law, and social work:
• Graduate level education (Essential)
• Postgraduate qualification (Desirable)
• Training in administration/management (Essential)
• Senior management experience in the voluntary sector (Essential)
• Experience in fundraising, advocacy and public relations, including working with media
• Experience in senior level contract negotiation and programme delivery with government/inter-governmental agencies and corporate bodies (Essential)
• Direct experience of working with children, especially teenagers (Essential)
• Experience of working in Asia (will be considered as an asset)
• Knowledge of child protection policy and procedure (Essential)
• Knowledge of children and employment legislation and ability to understand this in the
context of Thailand.
• Knowledge of donor relations and individual fundraising (Desirable)
• Skills and Competence:
• Excellent written English language and **** communication skills (Essential)
• Sound understanding of financial and budgetary processes (Essential)
• Ability to inspire and motivate a multi-cultural team (Essential)
• Ability to process and interpret complex information (Essential)
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload (Essential)
• Ability to develop teamwork remotely using the available technology (Essential)
• Personal attributes
• Ability to work unsocial/irregular hours.
• Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of people of diverse background and
• Commitment to the values expressed in IHF’s mission.
• Your own laptop computer for use at the centre
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
Candidates are subject to a 3 months training and probation period during which they will receive half their stipend. Candidates might be asked to become a co-director first to understand the organization.
Interested? What are you waiting for then?
Let’s get to know each other!
Now you are more familiar with us, give us the chance to get to know you by sending us a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any questions to email@example.com .
It is ok to contact this poster with commercial interests.